Thursday 12 June 2008

Poem of the Week and Weekly Geek Photo Journal - Thursday


Thursday
I feel like I'm not getting much reading done this week, have hardly made any progress with either of the books I'm reading as my evenings have been fairly full. So today we are journeying with a poem again. And this time we are split between a Caribbean Island and dreary London.
I've included a copy of the poem below to make this also squish in with my poem of the week. I love the way this poem shows how home stays with you no matter where you end up in the world.
Morning
and island man wakes upto the sound of blue surf
in his head
the steady breaking and wombing

wild seabirds
and fishermen pushing out to
the sun surfacing defiantly
from the east
of his small emerald island
he always comes back groggily groggily

Comes back to sands
of a grey metallic soar
to surge of wheels
to dull North Circular roar
muffling muffling
his crumpled pillow waves
island man heaves himself
Another London day

No comments: