Wednesday 18 March 2009

The Sunday Salon: National Poetry Month - Get ready for April




















April is National Poetry Month, a time to celebrate or even discover poems. I've enjoyed poetry for along time, but as it's often hard to read and 'get' immediately I tend to shy away from it. I thought that this would be a great time to push myself to reach out for a poetry collection or anthology and I was looking for other people to join me.

Whether you create one post with your favourite poem in it or review a collection or anthology it would be great to see people over the blogging world participating. And there will be no stuffiness, yes the Romantics are considered amazing but that doesn't mean a fun nursery rhyme or lyrics for a song should be discredited.

I'm planning on reading Rilke's On Love and and Other Difficulties, a mix of prose and poetry. I may even find some poetry which links into the Once Upon a Time III challenge

1 comment:

Vasilly said...

This is such a great idea! Okay I'll post Tuesday my reads for next month. I have several poetry books going right now: Annie Allen by Gwendolyn Brooks, Bill Martin Jr's Big Book of Poetry, and Black Candle by Chitra Divakaruni. One of my favorite anthologies of poetry is Good Poems edited by Garrison Keillor. Or you can read All of Us by Raymond Carver. Okay, okay I'm going to leave you alone now! *laughs* Good luck!